Compliance Test Specialist
IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Compliance Test Specialist to join the team.
This is a new role and you will be assigned to one or more projects working as internal test specialist in the compliance area.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the focus on compliance already in the early stages of the project and build up and consolidate compliance knowledge in the teams. You will have the responsibility of advising the Test Manager and Testers on compliance testing ensuring problems are caught as early as possible in the development process. Furthermore you will have the responsibility to train and educate the teams in the compliance area, reporting of progress and status on the whole compliance area of Sony Playstation, Microsoft Xbox, as well as mobile platforms such as Android, IOS and Windows Phone.
You will report to the Test Manager of the project(s) and work closely together with the testers and the rest of the development team on a daily basis. You will also be a part of our QA in the company and participate constantly improving and developing our QA processes in the studio. This is driven by the QA Manager whom you will report to in terms of personnel responsibility.
You will become part of an international and agile environment, where people are very passionate about their work and value an informal and relaxed tone of communication.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Test Team and the rest of the development team in compliance related issues while working with them in the development phases of the project.
- Constantly keep yourself and the team updated on the compliance area on our supported platforms to help the team stay on top of potential compliance issues and locate problems early in the development process.
- Train and educate testers and the rest of the development team in the area of compliance.
- Participate in the general QA and test work in the projects.
Participate in evolving the QA approach in the studio:
- Participate in the development and implementation of new test methods and tools.
- Constantly seek and exploit opportunities to contribute to the ambition of becoming the best QA team in the games industry.
- Proven record of at least 5 years of experience with professional testing of games within the compliance area, preferably in an agile development environment.
- Experience with project management or leading a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A proactive way of handling impediments in daily work.
- Result oriented, structured, adaptive, and eager to develop your skills further in the field of professional QA and testing.
- Strong documentation skills and a great sense of detail.
- Hold a passion for video games.
- Basic programming knowledge.
- ISTQB certified at foundation level or higher.
- Experience in the use of game engines and technologies.
If the above description fits your profile, please submit your application in English including CV using our online form
Io-Interactive is the creative force behind some of the most talked-about PC and multiplatform videogames to emerge in the last decade. Starting with the praised and ground-breaking Hitman series, Io-Interactive has since developed the cult classic Freedom Fighters, the innovative brand Mini Ninjas and the controversial Kane & Lynch series.
Io-Interactive’s most recent release and worldwide smash Hitman: Absolution incorporates the all-new proprietary Glacier 2 engine. The Glacier 2 technology has set a new benchmark in the realization of creative vision and delivering world-class entertainment.em>
Io-Interactive has always proven that dedication to original IPs and unique brands are the hallmarks of the company, while understanding that breaking new ground is integral to growth and customer satisfaction.
Io-Interactive is a part of Eidos Interactive. Eidos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.