Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Our team of experienced gameplay programmers and designers is looking for a talented Animation Programmer. This is your chance to work with the best in the industry.
We are building the next generation animation system for our Glacier 2 game engine. We are therefore looking for programmers who are experienced with animation systems and animation code.
What are the responsibilities?
- You will be part of a of five-person team working on the new system but also on gameplay features in the current system
- You will work closely with game designers and tech programmers not just to make the game come alive on the screens but to make it an awesome and fun AAA experience
What is required?
- solid demonstrable experience with animation programming from games similar to Hitman, preferable AAA
- excellent C++ skills
- well-founded in mathematics
- well-founded in all aspects of gameplay programming
- solid understanding of programming best-practices
- a team worker who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions
- excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- a passion for video games
It will be an advantage if you have:
- bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or self-taught to similar level
- console programming experience is preferred
- experience with agile methodologies
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!