Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a full-time art director to join the internal marketing team.
You will be collaborating with the brand marketing director, the game director and the studio creative director executing the visual direction for the marketing aspects of our projects. Your focus will be how to best achieve the creative vision of marketing materials and promotional campaigns.
Ongoing responsibilities include: producing and directing productions of visuals and trailer assets. You will be constantly striving for the highest possible standards of style and looks while keeping consistency high.
Your goal is to set new standards for style and concepts in games gaining optimal resonance within the market.
What are the responsibilities?
- Provide creative support to brand marketing team to align marketing, maintaining brand consistency and creating brand campaigns
- Work with the studio creative director to create a clear artistic style that supports and communicates the creative vision of the different game franchises in the studio
- Work closely with the game management teams (game director and art director) ensuring that all the key art features are in alignment with the game vision
- Responsible for the development and design of key artwork
- Giving feedback, direction, guidance, inspiration and supporting the individual team members though all phases of production
- Give feedback and guidance to external partners on art content and reviews work to ensure it is appropriate for the project
What is required?
- Accomplished art director preferably with experience of working on at least one AAA title or 5 years from an ad agency
- Understanding of game development and working with creative talent
- Excellent digital illustration and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles as well as create new and diverse ones
- Experience with brand direction and marketing
- Proficient in creating pitches, shows, and enticing presentation material
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Visual storyteller with trailer and video production experience
- Fine art or design education background
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including form, composition, perspective, light, color theory, surface texture, anatomy, and architecture
- Willingness to travel
- A passion for video games
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!