Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a freelance Dialogue Sound Designer to join the Hitman project.
As an integral part of the team, you will collaborate with the game director, producers and sound designers to execute the overall creative vision of the project. Ongoing responsibilities include: working closely with the writing team and sound designers in achieving the dialog direction set out by the directors and working with the designers in implementing dialog into the game.
You will be involved in aspects of the production from the initial design and technical considerations of dialog implementation to collaboration with cross discipline groups. Your goal is to set new standards for dialogue in games.
What are the responsibilities?
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the execution of the overall vision of the game
- Responsible for the execution of the dialogue direction set out by the directors, delivering a AAA sound experience
- Create prototypes and dialogue intentions proving the dialogue direction and identifying needs
- Raise the dialogue final quality by defining the technical specification for the recordings to significantly improve players’ experience
- Provide valuable feedback when dialogue is requested in the early pipeline process, to ensure the quality of the script fits the finished result as experienced in game by the player
- Responsible for the dialogue experience, ensuring that it has a natural flow and is dramatically believable by supporting designers in the implementation into the game
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical specifications
- Work with writers and designers to ensure outstanding dialogue properly fitting the game design requirements
- Occasionally record temp VO and final VO in-house sessions with local actors when needed
What is required?
- Accomplished sound designer with experience working in the video games industry having produced work for at least one published title
- Excellent dialogue sound design skills both in regards to technical and creative solutions
- Professional recording experience – location and studio based
- Experience integrating and mixing audio for game projects
- Ability to mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards
- Good at working with direction both on your own and in a team
- Ability to look past immediate technical constraints and work solution oriented
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenge
- Ability to keep to schedules and work well under pressure
- Analytically minded and organized
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a good understanding of the competitive landscape
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on youtube)
- Experience working with one or more established game audio systems (F-Mod, WWise, Miles Sound System etc.)
- Experience recording editing and mixing dialogue
- Degree in sound/audio design
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Io-Interactive games
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!