Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a Linux Control Specialist, who will work alongside the development teams, support team and IT to provide the best solutions for new and upcoming development projects.
We are looking for an experienced Linux expert, who will be a part of our dynamic and familiar environment.
You will oversee operations and security of the global Perforce environment, and define policies and strategies for the services, while using your experience and toolbox to become the best control specialist.
Our ideal candidate is a team player, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and takes his/her responsibilities seriously.
What are the responsibilities?
- Define global strategies regarding security, hardware and platform
- SME to Linux and Perforce
- Define policies in regards to outsourcing, with focus on securing their code
- Create and maintain documentation in regards to the SCM systems, with focus on Perforce
- Provide support, training and technical escalation point for other internal IT Administrators
- Collaborate with the local Dev Tech/ Production support teams
What is required?
- Strong experience in mastering Linux environments
- Master Source Control Management (codelines, branching, merging, integration etc.)
- Preferred experience in Perforce, or at least other source control tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft system administration
- Experience with scripting languages in regards to preferred both Unix and Python
- Understanding of associated software used in the computer game development
- Strong understanding of and experience within databases and network
- Education within Computer Science or equivalent combined with at least 3 years of experience in a function with similar responsibilities
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Experience with either LAN, Microsoft server 2003-2012, Redhat, HP or VMware
- A passion for video games
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!