Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a render programmer to join our team. Our new and advanced Glacier 2 platform is extensively used by our game productions to produce state-of-the-art AAA games.
You will join a small team of render programmers and focus on making a state of the art renderer, running on multiple platforms at a stable frame rate.
What are the responsibilities?
- Develop and maintain render features driving the next Hitman game
- Optimize code and data structures to deliver the best possible performance
- Maintain code running across multiple platforms
What is required?
- Very experienced in writing, maintaining & debugging code
- Strong knowledge of C and/or C++
- Experience in 3D graphics programming
- Strong knowledge with at least one graphics API
- Knowledge of hardware – Both CPU & GPU
- Good math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- A passion for video games is mandatory
It will be an advantage if you have:
- +3 years experience with AAA game development
- Masters degree in computer science is nice, but really, we only care about if you can code
- Knowledge of common rendering techniques such as deferred rendering, forward rendering etc.
- An understanding of shadow maps, stencil shadows, antialiasing, SSAO
- Experience with culling techniques: frustum culling, occlusion culling, portals etc.
- Experience with rendering large scenes (hobby projects or previous work experience)
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!