Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a full-time senior level designer to join our current Hitman project.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent from around the world and offer relocation packages in order to secure the right candidate for this role.
As an integral part of the team, you will design and implement the levels of the game, collaborate with the production team and game direction to execute and ensure the overall creative vision of the project is properly implemented in the game levels.
Ongoing responsibilities include: collaborating with game artists designing and laying out the game worlds, utilizing the game mechanics providing compelling and fun gameplay and maintaining cross discipline level dependencies.
You will be involved in all aspects of the production from the initial design of levels and technical considerations of gameplay implementation to collaboration in cross-disciplinary teams. Your goal is to set new standards for entertainment in games.
What are the responsibilities?
- Collaborate with the game director, designers, artists and your lead in the design and the execution of the overall vision of the game in the game levels
- Use IOI’s proprietary tools setting up gameplay and scripted events
- Contribute constructively in technical issues or tools related to all design aspects
- Create prototypes and level layouts proving the game mechanics and identifying needs
- Be responsible for the production of levels for the game utilizing cross discipline work
- Balance and fine tune gameplay and difficulty
- Deliver high quality levels on schedule and within technical limitations
- Work with programmers and designers to ensure outstanding gameplay experiences properly fitting the game design requirements
What is required?
- Accomplished Senior Level Designer with experience working in the video games industry having produced work for at least one published title
- Experience using level/world editing tools
- Good at working in a team and working with direction
- Analytically minded and organized. Have a good understanding of what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun and functional level setup
- Adept at combining rules, constraints and affordances into challenging and engaging gameplay
- Ability to look past immediate technical constraints and work solution oriented
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a good understanding of the competitive landscape
- Relevant AAA game experience
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Architectural knowledge
- Relevant design education
- Programming background or education
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on youtube).
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Io-Interactive games
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!