Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Senior Technical Animator to join our HITMAN project.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent from around the world and offer relocation packages in order to secure the right candidate for this role.
As an integral part of the Pipeline team, you will work on identifying, developing and implementing the best work conditions for the content developers to execute on the creative vision.You will be working with game designers, artists, animators and programmers, working out technical setups and creating pipelines for animation and character related content.
Your goal is to support the animation and gameplay team in producing and integrating animation content setting new standards for animation in games.
What are the responsibilities?
- Be part of the Pipeline team working with artists, designers, programmers and animators to ensure the best possible conditions for outstanding character animation, among other things this include defining work flows, structures and the organization of animation related content
- Assist in the design and development of animation and character art tools, utilities and pipelines required to setup and animate game characters
- Work with character artists ensuring that game models are made to meet technical and animation quality requirements
- Make scripts (e.g. in Python/MaxScript/MEL), or work with programmers, fleshing out desired functionality required by animators, character artists and the engine.
- Assist character artist with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation
- Create and maintain documentation on best practices working with IOI’s current tool set
- Deliver content and features within quality, schedule and technical limitations
What is required?
- Accomplished technical animator with experience working in the video games industry having produced work for at least one published title
- Programming and tool/utility development experience with Python, PySide and one or more 3D application APIs
- Solid rigging and skinning skills
- Working experience with Motion Builder and 3DS Max/Maya.
- Understanding of animation runtime including animation networks
- Strong understanding of anatomy
- Ability to look past immediate technical constraints and work solution oriented
- Ability to work with evolving game and technical requirements as they happen
- Analytically minded and organized
- Self-motivated towards overcoming creative challenges
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- A passion for video games
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Working experience with one or more of the following languages or frameworks: FBX SDK, Motion Builder SDK, Maya/Max scripting and APIs, Perforce API, Shotgun API, Database, C++, C#
- Experience in working with mocap systems
- Experience with FaceFX and FACS
- CG/Games animation background
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!