Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
We are looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to join us in Copenhagen and drive the daily activities on our social channels and web sites.
This new position will be for someone who can help develop overarching social media strategies and planning for our games. It’s equally important to come up with killer ideas for how to stay engaged and connected to our fans and the dedicated players of all our games.
Our candidate also needs to have thorough knowledge of the social media ecosystems, be self-motivated and resourceful.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Community Manager and is part of the internal Brand Marketing team at Io-Interactive.
The role will include working closely with various departments, such as Community, PR, Brand and Marketing as well as our production and design teams.
What are the responsibilities?
- Driving daily activities on social channels and web sites
- Create, develop and manage content for our blogs and all IOI-owned social media pages
- Develop long-term planning calendars and manage process to meet deadlines, including translation coordination
- Work with our design team to develop engaging visuals and infographics
- Help manage website development
- Come up with ideas for killer activity and ways of engaging the fans and players of our games
- Perform research into what our competitors are doing and create reports on noteworthy initiatives
- Help produce assets for community campaigns (graphical, podcasts, livestreams)
- Scour the Internet for fans and make lists of potential evangelists
- Produce monthly reports for Brand & Community
- Assist with Community and PR days at IOI
- Help our Community Manager, PR manager and other brand team members with communication tasks
What is required?
- Excellent written communication skills to ensure accuracy and professional public-facing content
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple activities in a dynamic, highly charged environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and very approachable character
- Understanding of social media landscape
- Understanding of various cultures and territories
- Must be very organized and pay special attention to detail
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing, agencies environment or game industry
- Team mentality; works effectively with brand marketing teams and other internal cross-functional teams to achieve desired results.
- A passion for video games is mandatory
- Basic skills with Photoshop and video editing tools
- Self-motivated and resourceful
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!