Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a programmer to join our Tools and Engine team in Copenhagen to help us create premium games in the Hitman franchise based on our in-house developed state-of-the-art Glacier 2 technology.
Being on a game team you will develop and customize top of the line game technology and game features, delivered on-time and in superior quality.
What are the responsibilities?
As a member of the Tools and Engine team you will get responsibility for a part of our toolset and pipelines.
Glacier 2 includes a WYSIWIG editor that allows content creators to setup the game efficiently. As part of the team you will design and implement (C++ and C#) improvements to this editor and the associated tools.
What is required?
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent. A Master degree will be an advantage.
- Relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, C# and code design.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Must be able to estimate and break down own tasks and participate in assessing other people’s tasks.
- Good collaboration skills and the ability to figure out what users “really” want.
- A passion for video games is mandatory.
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Professional tools programming experience on an AAA title.
- Understanding of content pipelines for game production.
- Some experience with agile methodologies.
- Some cross-site working experience.
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!