Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. IO Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at IO Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Are you up for a great challenge? Our team of experienced gameplay programmers and designers is looking for a talented AI programmer.
You will be part of the team implementing our next AI system and new AI features.
You will work closely with game designers, level designers, and tech programmers not just to make the game come alive on the screens, but to make it an awesome and fun AAA experience.
What are the responsibilities?
- You will participate in the design and implementation of our new AI system
- You will develop new features and bug-fixes for AI, presently running in our current AI system
- The AI team is part of the gameplay team, so you will be collaborating with core gameplay and animation programmers. Over time, there will be good possibilities for taking different roles.
What is required?
- Excellent C++ skills
- Well-founded in mathematics
- Well-founded in all aspects of gameplay programming
- Solid understanding of programming best-practices
- A team worker who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions
- Open-minded and willing to accept and provide feedback to ensure the highest possible quality for our systems and gameplay features
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- A passion for video games.
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Solid demonstrable experience with AI programming from games similar to Hitman, preferable AAA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Console programming experience is preferred
- Experience with agile methodologies
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!