Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Our team of experienced programmers and designers is looking for a talented Animation Programmer. This is your chance to work with some of the best in the industry.
We are building a next generation animation system for our Glacier 2 game engine. We are therefore looking for programmers who are experienced with animation systems and animation code, and have a knack for low level optimizations.
What are the responsibilities?
You will be working on developing the new system as well as preparing and transitioning gameplay features from the current one. Your help will be instrumental in training and assisting animators and content creators to fully utilize the new system to achieve their creative vision.
You will also work closely with R&D engineers to integrate cutting edge features and have them work side by side with more traditional approaches.
What is required?
- Solid demonstrable experience with animation programming from AAA games or indie games that used novel animation techniques
- Excellent C++ skills
- Well-founded in mathematics, especially in linear algebra
- Familiar with modern animation techniques (e.g. IK, parametric blending, time warping, events-based matching, time-based scaling, pivoting, motion matching)
- Familiar with profiling and optimizing code, data driven systems, data oriented design, SIMD / vector instruction sets
- Solid understanding of programming best-practices
- A team worker who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Solid knowledge of the state of the art for Animation in Academia and in the Movie Industry
- Experience with Neural Networks and Machine Learning techniques
- General knowledge of Hero / NPCs controlling approaches
- Master degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Console programming experience on PS4/Xbox One
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!