Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
IO Interactive is currently looking for a programmer to join our team in Copenhagen. We need you to help us develop a next generation animation system for our in-house Glacier 2 engine.
The engine is used by all our games, including the award winning HITMAN franchise.
What are the responsibilities?
- You’ll work closely with the animation programmers implementing the runtime part of the system (in C++), to develop the WYSIWIG editing/debugging tools (in C#) that will be used by animators and content creators to achieve their creative vision
- You will also work closely with R&D engineers to experiment with novel visualization techniques and support cutting edge features
What is required?
- Professional tools programming experience, preferably on AAA titles
- Strong knowledge of C#, solid knowledge of core C++
- Solid knowledge and provable experience developing UIs
- Well-founded in mathematics, especially in linear algebra
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Good collaboration skills and the ability to figure out what users “really” want
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Understanding of content pipelines for game production
- Familiar with animation and modern animation techniques (e.g. parametric blending, time warping, events-based matching, time-based scaling, motion matching)
- Experience with Neural Networks and Machine Learning techniques
- Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!