IO Interactive is currently seeking an Art Producer to join the team in Copenhagen!
We are looking for a strong communicator who understands all areas of game production and has a clear focus on strengthening the management and delivery of art, fit for a AAA game experience. We will rely on you to be proactive and experienced at establishing systems for planning, reporting, and controlling the progress of all artwork on the project.
You will report to the Executive Producer and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality in-game art, within given priorities of time, budget, and quality.
The title you will join is a new, large, AAA game in its early production. That is why we will rely on your AAA production experience to bring on to this new role.
What you will do:
- Work with our Executive Producer in defining the goals for the art, design and animation teams and break down the necessary milestones into realistic, achievable goals.
- Work towards building a coherent experience which aligns with the game artistic vision. You will work closely with the Game Director, Franchise Art Director, Technical Art Director, concept, environment and character artists, cinematic animators, technical artists, game and level designers.
- The team is currently working on concepts for levels, environments, characters and effects, using our brand-new animation system, upgraded Maya pipeline and DCC toolset. You will play a key part in organizing each team’s goals and own the responsibility for their progress.
- Defining, planning, and executing milestones in line with the project’s overall milestone and release schedule established by the Executive Producer.
- You will drive benchmarks for asset creation and create a project plan for these benchmarks to be achieved.
- You will work with completed, highly qualitative assets delivered by some of industry’s leading artists and animators.
- Controlling and reporting progress for the teams involved in the development of artistic experiences.
- Creating, updating, and tracking goals, schedules, and budgets in JIRA and Excel.
- Presenting the project progress to game management and to studio management.
- Work together with the game management team to get approvals at studio and publisher green light meetings.
- Owning personnel responsibility over art and animation teams, such as hiring, appraising, and coaching.
- Tracking and managing issues and risks on an ongoing basis as well as proactively providing associated mitigation and resolution strategies.
Who you are:
- You have worked as an Art Producer, on a mission team, animation team or both, for at least 2 AAA games.
- What you will be driving is not the building of an asset, but the building of a coherent artistic in-game expression. That is why it is important that you understand the nuances of bringing in-game art together, at a AAA standard.
- You are detail-oriented, organized and proactive.
- You are highly detailed in asset tracking, and you are a pro at using algorithms to map out and track roadmaps for assets in Excel, JIRA etc.
- You have a deep understanding of the production process and working with different creative teams. You understand workflows and pipelines the art and animation teams are working with.
- Strong budgeting, controlling, and reporting skills. Proficient in MS Office (MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Very strong workflow development and documentation skills.
- Experience with Jira, data/file management, repositories etc.
- Excellent presentation skills, in written and spoken English.
We would love it if you:
- Had experience with the production of cinematics.
- Had project management experience or certifications such as Prince2, SCRUM, Kanban.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 27 nationalities in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Copenhagen office. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation, for you and your family.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.