Do you want to work with our award-winning Backbone technology team?
IO Interactive is looking for an Audio Programmer. You will be a key player in developing our gameplay audio, but also audio systems and bring technological advancement for our audio tech, for current and upcoming, exciting titles.
You will join our award-winning Backbone Technology team. The Backbone team develops and maintains the entire technology used across all the awesome current and future IO Interactive games, such as our Glacier 2 engine, editors, tooling, audio and online, to name a few.
Your closest sparring partner will be our Senior Audio Programmer and of course, our sound design team, who are all very eager to have you on board! Day to day you will be collaborating closely with audio designers, Technical Director, producers and gameplay programmers to define the roadmap that will ensure cutting-edge AAA audio. You will be working on new features that extend the capabilities of our production tools that are based on a Wwise integration.
This is your chance to work with the best in the industry. If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you!
What you will do:
- Design and implement audio features and tools for G2. You will work in-engine, improving and developing the runtime code that executes the game.
- Work on game-specific audio development. Improve and develop the gameplay audio code: triggers for gameplay interaction, such as footsteps, guns, collisions etc.
- Collaborate with the gameplay and AI teams in the development of gameplay-centric audio code
- Come up with many iterations for features of the game.
- You will also equally work on audio development and systems: workflows, tooling and developing audio systems, by both working individually but also in collaboration with our Senior Audio Programmer. Ex: propagation system, reverb, early vs late reflections etc.
- Maintain, optimize and improve existing systems.
- Work closely with sound designers to help them create top-notch audio experience.
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments within the sound technology.
Who you are:
- Game audio is your strongest passion above all other areas of programming.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, as a C++ programmer, preferably on 3D audio.
- Excellent C++ and code design skills.
- Experience with Wwise, FMod, or other audio middleware.
- Knack for gameplay programming and audio systems.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics.
- Work well with fast iteration times.
- Experience writing runtime and memory efficient code, debugging and maintaining complex software systems.
- Able to work autonomously and take ownership of the tasks at hand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or self-taught to similar level.
We’d love it if you had:
- Experience in C#
- Knowledge of DSP principles and techniques
- Knowledge of acoustics and sound design
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with 180 people of over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
Oh, and did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your applications!