Seamless in-game experience is what we’re all about. With millions of players worldwide, there are always new things we can learn from how our games are played. At the same time, our studio is always seeking to unlock achievements in the game industry, so we can foster and expand our dedication to state-of-the-art game design.
IO Interactive is ready to welcome a Data Scientist who will be a key player for tapping into new opportunities of growth, both for the gaming experience and for the game studio. You will join us during a thrilling time, where new and exciting things are happening, and where our family here at IOI is stronger than ever.
What you will do:
- Find out what players do inside the game, when and why. Figure out conversion and dropout rates and suggest what we can change to both ease and stimulate the in-game experience.
- Be the go-to data guru for the game studio direction, improving business intelligence and analysis to seize new development opportunities.
- Come up with clever ways to track key metrics – create strategies for collecting data, implement them and interpret the findings.
- Tweak our tools to optimize them for a deeper, broader and more strategic data collection.
- Collaborate cross-disciplined with the online, marketing, gameplay and studio management teams.
- Be a core part of creating insight that will cultivate our tradition of outstanding, immersive game experiences for millions of players worldwide.
Who you are:
- You are well familiar with report creation and data analysis tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau, Kibana or Looker, and can create comprehensive and feasible reports.
- You ask the right questions and know where to find the needed data.
- You are versed in managing pipeline jungles to answer those questions.
- You are both a communicator and a thinker and can present your strategy and findings in a compelling way.
- You have a passion for video games.
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Statistics or Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
We would love it if you:
- Are skilled in R, C# or Python programming.
- Have experience with time-series databases, BI frameworks, message/event pipelines and cloud platforms.
- Have a PhD in one of the above-mentioned educations.
Who we are:
A family, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. You will be part of a high—caliber studio of passionate and creative people, that live and breathe state-of-the art game design, who are eager to have you on board!
The position is located in Copenhagen.