IO Interactive is looking for an intermediate or senior-level Engine Programmer to join the team!
Our Glacier engine is indispensable for creating the rich gaming experience we got millions of players used to. You are welcome to be one of our ace engine programmers, build the Glacier together with your team, be challenged and give more players the chance to play AAA titles from IO Interactive.
What you will do:
- As a member of the Tools and Engine team you will get a large responsibility for the core engine systems such as the entity system, the resource system and the engine infrastructure.
- As an experienced engine programmer, you will play a key role in the development of the game platform and we will trust you to engineer the core parts of our Glacier engine for use in current and future games.
- Code review of all engine changes.
- When necessary, make the engine related changes to our tools.
- Performance and memory optimization.
- Work with highly parallelized code.
- Write maintainable and robust code that will be used for many years to come.
Who you are:
Who you are:
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. That is why we hope you are just as excited to work with complex challenges and take ownership of your tasks. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you. Being ambitious yet humble is what helped our engine team excel so far. Here are a few more things we need from you:
- Engine programming experience on at least one AAA title, using C++ .
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- You are a master of debugging.
- Console experience (Xbox One and PS4).
- Ability to break down, estimate own tasks and participate in assessing other tasks as well.
Who we are:
Did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019? You will also get to work on Glacier, an engine that still makes even our most senior programmers get giddy about how cool it is. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek, and give you the creative and technical freedom we know is so important!
Who we are:
As a member of the team, you will have appreciation for your input, and you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on both Hitman, but also build the tech platform to develop our completely new, future titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
IO Interactive is a team, above everything. We are highly international, with around 130 people and 24 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your applications!