IO Interactive is currently looking for an intern to join our Engine & Tools team, for our Copenhagen studio.
You will be bringing valuable input towards the development of our editor, that supports the development of our current and future games. You will also be assigned a Mentor and Buddy, to make sure that you are always supported, and that you get to develop as a programming superstar.
The internship is full-time, and should last 6 months or more.
What you will do:
- Join the Glacier engine & tools programming team and participate in team activities and meetings.
- In collaboration with and under guidance of your team members, gather requirements, design systems, implement, document, and test them.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks for productivity improvement and workflow-related assignments.
- You will be adding tools to our editor, improve the editor’s UI and solve workflow-related issues.
- Develop and maintain editor features driving current and future titles.
- Participate in peer reviews of designs and code.
- Be open for learning new programming related topics.
- Assist the other programmers on the team as needed.
- Optimize code and data structures.
You will get to work on Glacier, an engine that still makes even our most senior programmers get giddy about how cool it is. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek, and give you the creative and technical freedom we know is so important. You will have appreciation for your input, impact will be recognized, and you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
Who you are:
- You are in your final year of your technical Bachelors or Masters.
- You have a solid understanding of C++, and good C# knowledge.
- Can work solution-oriented with evolving game and technical requirements.
- You have a collaborative attitude and are a fast learner.
- Excellent English skills, both speaking and writing.
Who we are:
As a member of the IOI team, you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on both HITMAN, but also our new, future titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
Oh, and did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
IO Interactive is a team, above everything. We are highly international, with around 170 people and 27 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your and applications!