At IO Interactive we are currently looking for a full-time environment artist with drive to push storytelling boundaries and enhancing gameplay to join the development of our HITMAN franchise in Malmö.
As an environment artist at IO Interactive you get ownership of the full pipeline from modelling over technical constraints and specifications to finalizing the set-dressing in-game as well as the mandate to mentor and grow the wider environment art team in close collaboration with leads and production. You are a central driver when it comes to what’s possible within game art, and you happily to share this knowledge to push boundaries and further develop and influence the ambitious goals we set for the HITMAN franchise. Your extensive experience from AAA game development in this style enables you to reach the creative vision for the project as well as setting new standards for graphics in games all grounded in our signature gameplay.
What you will do:
- Collaboration with key team members in the creation of in-game environments
- Block out gray box levels meeting level design requirements while also creating conceptually interesting spaces
- Translating concepts into producible game assets by creating modular and reusable game assets
- Being responsible for the final art asset production for certain parts of the game
- Delivering content on schedule and within technical limitations
- Preparing for and creating outsourcing handouts and give feedback on deliveries from our outsourcing partners
- When required assisting lighting artists and effects artist in their work for game environments
- Working closely with technical artists using a mix of third party and proprietary tools setting up art for optimal execution and displaying in our game engine
- Adding final polish to already existing graphics
- Fixing bugs and optimize game assets for required performance and to comply with specifications on various platforms
Who you are:
- Well-versed game artist with experience of working on a couple of AAAs title from conception to shipping
- In-depth uunderstanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art making
- Demonstrated ability to create art that emphasizes core gameplay
- Experience working cross-disciplinary, and aware of both benefits and potential challenges
- Experienced in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya, …)
- Ability to respond elegantly and easily navigate creative changes, often late in the process
- Experience in one or more 3D sculpting applications (Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Sculptris …)
- Experience working with art fundamentals including framing, lighting, etc.
We would love it if you had:
- Fine art background
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 24 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Malmö studio. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application and portfolio in English.