At IO Interactive we are currently looking for a full-time Animator with a passion for games to join our unannounced AAA third-person action game in an inspiring world.
As an animator at IO Interactive you are a central part of making the game come to life – through collaboration with designers, artists and programmers. This means that you are involved in all aspects of the game production; from initial design of character movement and technical constraints to close collaboration with other disciplines in planning and creating the final animation. You aspire to challenge the status quo and bring an energetic and creative mindset to the table.
As a gameplay animator at IO Interactive you will be focusing on creating exciting in-game gameplay moments, which gives for a versatile and challenging day-to-day. You have an eye for detail and set the quality bar high – which comes into play when overseeing the potential outsourced animations to ensure alignment in style and quality with our benchmarks in-house.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with the animation team, lead animator, designers, artists and programmers to execute on the vision of the game.
- Animating 3D characters, including working with motion capture data and hand key-framed animations.
- Creating gameplay animations for a third person action game for example close and range combat.
- Taking part in motion capture sessions.
- Delivering content on schedule and within technical limitations.
- Working with programmers and designers to ensure animations properly fitting technical and game design requirements.
- Working efficiently and effectively within technical setup of animations in our proprietary Glacier engine.
- Implementing constructive and iterative feedback to the animations at any given time of the development process.
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience creating gameplay animation for AAA action games with at least one shipped title.
- In-depth understanding of timing and appearance of human movement and behavior.
- Experience in Motion Builder and Maya.
- Understanding of rigging and skinning principles.
- Basic knowledge of animation systems in a game engine.
- Experience with motion capture or working with motion capture data.
We would love it if you had:
- Knowledge of creating facial/lip sync animations.
- Experience with motion matching and modern industry animation technologies.
- Experience with combat system animations.
- Experience animating animals and props.
- Knowledge of art and animation fundamentals including staging, camera, layout, storytelling, and editing.
- A relevant and updated demo-reel.
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 24 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Malmö office. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application and portfolio in English.