Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
IO Interactive is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Director.
We are looking for a strong communicator who understands all areas of game development but is specialized within the area of gameplay. The right candidate needs to be very proactive, able to establish systems for planning, reporting, and controlling various aspects of gameplay design and development, and willing to work hands-on to achieve goals in time.
This person reports to the Executive Producer and is responsible for supporting the Game Director and Producer to achieve state of the art gameplay within all respective fields of the game.
The main purpose is to provide visible creative inspiration, motivate the creative team, and facilitate communication regarding the gameplay. The Gameplay Director also takes over responsibilities delegated to her/him by the Producer and Game Director.
What are the responsibilities?
- Establish the gameplay vision for the project, in line with the Game Director’s overall vision for the Project
- Maintain a prioritized gameplay backlog for the project (feature list)
- Communicate the gameplay vision to every employee on the project team
- Provide clear direction and feedback to the employees working on the gameplay areas of the project (for example at task-force sprint kick-off and review meetings)
- Provide visible creative leadership for the gameplay areas of the project team
- Analyze and – if needed – react to input from external sources (such as consumer play testing, simulated press reviews, studio management etc.) regarding gameplay
- Develop prototypes based on the concept, demonstrating the vision of the gameplay and testing gameplay mechanics to reveal all risk elements before entering into full production
- Present the game to press and consumers in interviews, trade shows, conferences, etc. around the globe
What is required?
- Able to provide direction, leadership, and inspiration to individuals and the team
- Proven track record of gameplay experience from AAA projects
- Strong team leading skills
- Able to support others in thinking creatively in seeking to resolve problems
- Strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Profound knowledge of project management methods and software packages
- Deep understanding of the production process and working with technical and creative talent
- Native like written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A passion for video games is mandatory
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Willingness to travel
- International work experience
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!