IO Interactive is looking for an intermediate or senior-level Gameplay Programmer to join the team!
You will join the core gameplay team and work closely together with game designers, level designers, animators, and tech programmers, on both existing and brand-new titles we are cooking right now.
What you will do:
- As a gameplay programmer your main responsibility will be to program features in areas such as game mechanics, environment scripting and markup, camera control, and progression systems.
- You will not only get to make the game come alive on screen, but to also make it an awesome and fun experience.
- Work cross-disciplinary with content providers, tech programmers and testers to obtain the right solution in a satisfactory quality.
Who you are:
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you – a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions. Here are a few more things we need from you:
- A strong passion for making games feel as enjoyable as possible!
- At least 5 years of professional gameplay programming experience.
- Experience from the full-cycle production of a AAA game.
- Profound skills in C++ and solid understanding of programming best practices.
- Some knowledge in C#/.NET.
- Well-founded in mathematics.
- Excellent English
We’d love it if you had:
- A background in Engine or Render programming
- Experience on multiplayer title(s)
- Console programming experience
As a member of the team, you will have appreciation for your input, and you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on both Hitman, but also build the gameplay exprience of our completely new, future titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
Who we are:
Did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019? You will also get to work on Glacier, an engine that still makes even our most senior programmers get giddy about how cool it is. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek, and give you the creative and technical freedom we know is so important!
IO Interactive is highly international, with around 130 people and 24 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your applications!