At IO Interactive we are currently looking for a full-time Junior Animator with a passion and hunger for the games industry as well as the HITMAN franchise to join the project in Malmö on a temporary basis.
Our new junior animator will join a strong team of senior animators, and you will become an important part in challenging the team, coming with ideas and bringing your own thoughts to the table. Your drive and passion for video games shine through when we look to you for references, best practices and what not to do. We empower you to try new things, with a fail fast approach to learning.
You will be involved in all aspects of the production of our world-acclaimed AAA franchise HITMAN, developing both cinematic and gameplay animations through collaboration with the animation team, artists, designers and programmers. Solving challenges and figuring out solutions to technical constraints whilst keeping the aesthetic style and vision of the game in mind will be central to your day-to-day.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with the animation team, lead animator, designers, artists and programmers to execute on the vision of the game
- Animating 3D characters, including working with motion capture data and hand key-framed animations
- Creating animations for in-game and cinematic moments
- Creating facial/lip sync animations
- Taking part in motion capture sessions
- Delivering content on schedule and within technical limitations
- Working efficiently and effectively within technical setup of animations working with our proprietary engine Glacier 2
Who you are:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working with 3D animation techniques and animation principles
- Understanding timing and appearance of human, animal movement and facial expressions
- Experience in Motion Builder and one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya, …)
- Understanding of rigging and skinning principles
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
We would love it if you had:
- Experience with motion capture or working with motion capture data
- Experience in developing AAA games
- Experience with database driven animation systems
- Knowledge of art and animation fundamentals including staging, camera, layout, storytelling, and editing
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 24 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Malmö studio. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application and portfolio in English.