IO Interactive is looking for a Lead Cinematic Animator for our new AAA, unannounced title. Be part of our new exciting journey, and give life to story by creating realistic, beautiful and dynamic cinematic animation. You will be a key player between narrative and animation and will marry the two into one coherent and realistic animation experience.
We will count on you not only as a specialist cinematic animator, but also a creative thinker who sees opportunities within animation for achieving the best cinematic experience.
As a Lead, you will get to create and mentor a team of cinematic animators, set out new standards for cinematics, and lead the team by example by being the go-to expert for cinematic animation layout and implementation.
If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you!
What you will do:
- Define the standard for cinematic animation at every stage, from concept, to animatics, to actual animations that get implemented in the game.
- Focus on character performance, and cinematics that reflect the personality of the character, and show their motivation, emotions, and fully immerse the player into the game narrative.
- Work closely with game director and animation director to realize the vision for cinematics.
- You will make sure that the animations can play well in a level and connect with the rest of the gameplay experience, making the transition between cinematic and gameplay moments feel seamless.
- Review animation and implement feedback from Game Director and Animation Director.
- Plan, prepare, and supervise motion capture shoots using our in-house motion capture studio.
- Define the assets that reflect the story and gameplay feel, and help create those assets together with the animation team.
- Monitor performance and optimization of facial animation.
- Create cutscenes and performances, emphasizing weight, timing & silhouette to create visually stunning cinematics for in-game integration.
- Work closely with directors, producers, artists, designers and programmers to set a standard of excellence for animation that will define the future of IOI’s titles.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about storytelling, composition, and dialogue.
- You have experience with facial motion capture and facial animation.
- Experience with both motion capture and hand-keyed animation.
- Highly skilled in Maya.
- Minimum 5 years working with cinematic animation, for movies or video games.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human face and figure to create realistic character animations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that will help you grow and guide a team of talented animators.
- You have a creative and holistic mindset, in order to bring innovation and resolution to technical challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Experience of film editing, lighting or VFX.
We would love if you had:
- Experience with a game engine, such as Unreal, Unity or a bespoke engine.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees.
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder, 3ds Max, rigging and skinning.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your applications!