IO Interactive is ready to welcome a Lead Functional Tester, to help kick-start and lead our first Malmö studio team.
We’re seeking a passionate gamer who will quality-test and debug our games while leading, training and consolidating a team of Functional Testers. You and your team will get to be among the first to play & test both our current and future, exciting titles. The team and you will be the first to join our Malmö studio, as part of our in-house QA, and get to see the studio grow with multiple disciplines of game development. Here is what it takes to be part of the journey:
What you will do:
- Lead, mentor and take ownership of work quality and relationships on the Functional Testers team.
- At the same time, you will set an example as a Functional Tester – you will also test our games, try to find problems and report errors through our databases.
- Accurately report, track, regress, and close bugs in our tracking system.
- Collaborate closely with your Lead and QA team in Copenhagen, and communicate status and progress of tests.
- Work with both build and release to ensure readiness, stability and functionality of our games.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, track emerging changes and status updates.
- Drive test planning, development, scheduling, execution, reporting and closure, in strong collaboration with the QA team in Copenhagen.
- Encourage and influence QA best practices.
- Ensure highly qualitative and thorough tests, processes and reports.
- Make sure QA and QC processes and documentation are up to date.
- Analyze and report on game quality, usability and system limitations.
Who you are:
- Experienced in leading test teams: min. 1 year
- Experienced in game/software testing: appx. 3 years
- Have a ‘get-things-done’ attitude and relentless drive to find bugs, hidden requirements and edge cases, improve and solve them.
- A strong problem-solver, structured and effective in meeting deadlines.
- Exceptionally attentive to detail, patient and curious.
- Take ownership, are responsible and reliable.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You also have excellent knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Experience with Xbox LIVE, PSN+, and Steam platforms.
- Completely and irrevocably passionate about games.
We would love it if you:
- Had experience with JIRA as a bug and log tracker.
Who we are:
IO Interactive is highly international, with over 24 nationalities and studios in both Copenhagen and Malmö. We are passionate about delivering AAA, exceptional game experience to millions of players worldwide. We also tend to have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!