Drive our game design forward
Do you see solutions and opportunities where others might see a problem? Do you thrive when driving world-class gameplay alongside your team? Are you passionate and experienced with fast-paced 3C gameplay with focus on hands-on implementation? Then you might be who we’re looking for to join our newest, unannounced AAA project.
As a Lead Game Designer with IO Interactive you’ll be spearheading and leading a team to execute and develop game design which emphasizes the creative vision and direction of the game. This you’ll do through thorough attention to detail as well as interdisciplinary collaboration with for example other leads, disciplines and directors – putting you front and center when it comes to making things happen.
Your systemic thinking allows you to see patterns and create models that will handle the complex world of AAA game development with multiple partners and a lot of creative and talented minds. Your experience with the full cycle game development process enables you to trust your instinct and guide your team along the ever-changing road that is AAA development and guide us to success with our newest endeavor.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of designers to realize the vision of the game and gameplay directors
- Establish standards and execute on how to document game mechanics
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to implement game systems and gameplay mechanics
- Manage and mentor a team of game designers
- Serve as conduit between game management team and design team, ensuring expectations are always clear
- Use our proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics while identifying opportunities for improvements
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation, and high-level direction
- Maintain and supervise game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game
- Developing rules for reward systems and game achievements
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations
Who you are:
- Accomplished game designer with extensive experience working in the video games industry, with at least one published title in lead capacity
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experiences
- Able to manage an in-house team of game designers, experienced in giving and receiving direction
- Able to develop plans and give clear direction to both internal and external team members
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical constraints
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach
We would love it if you had:
- Experience designing third person action games
- Hands on experience implementing combat systems and player cameras
- Relevant design education
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube)
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with 150 people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen studios. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration.
We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.