We are currently looking for a Lead Game Designer to join the IOI team!
You’ll be a part of driving, designing and developing world-class gameplay for an unannounced AAA project. The role is based in either Malmö or Copenhagen.
As a Lead Game Designer with us at IO Interactive, you will become an integral part of the team, from defining the standards and practices of game design, to designing ground-breaking game features and mechanics. We want you to challenge the status quo and bring an energetic and creative mindset to the table.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the game management team and directors in the design and the execution of the overall vision of the game.
- Manage a team of in-house game designers, whilst closely collaborating with directors, designers, programmers and artists, to reach our common goal to set new standards for entertainment in games.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our game designers
- Create designs and flowcharts describing game mechanics
- Keep the team of game designers updated on ways to work and what to achieve in regards to gameplay
- Use our proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and supervise game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game.
- Develop rules for reward systems and game achievements
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations
Who you are:
- Accomplished Game Designer with experience working in the video games industry, having produced work for at least one published title.
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of an AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experiences
- Able to manage an in-house team of game designers, experienced in giving and receiving direction
- Ability to develop plans and give appropriate direction for both team members and outsourced production
- Problem-solving attitude, to be able to look past immediate technical constraints
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, also late in the process, analytically-minded and organized
We would love it if you had:
- Team Lead experience
- Relevant design education
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube).
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with 150 people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen studios. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration.
We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.