IO Interactive is looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator for our new AAA, unannounced title. Be part of our new exciting journey, and give life to gameplay vision by creating realistic, believable and dynamic character animation. You will be a key player between game design and animation and will marry the two into one coherent and realistic animation experience.
We will count on you not only as a specialist animator, but also a creative thinker who sees opportunities within animation for achieving the best gameplay experience.
As a Lead, you will get to create and mentor a team of gameplay animators, set out new standards for technical animation systems, and lead the team by example by being the go-to expert for gameplay animation layout and implementation.
If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you!
What you will do:
- Work closely with animation director to realize the animation vision for gameplay.
- Establish a collaborative culture, where animators work with cross discipline teams to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Plan, prepare, and supervise motion capture sessions in our in-house MoCap studio.
- Achieve believable character performances from both motion capture and key-frame animation.
- Establish pipelines, workflows, and technical direction for gameplay animation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Mentor and grow gameplay animators.
- Help define a new standard for gameplay animation quality at IO Interactive.
- Work closely with modeling and rigging leads regarding design and technical requirements for animation.
- Collaborate with the cinematics team to ensure consistency across cinematic animation and gameplay animation.
- Participate in day-to-day hand outs and give constructive feedback to the team.
- Support producers in planning, scheduling and prioritizing animation related tasks.
Who you are:
- Experienced gameplay animator with 5+ years of experience creating AAA games.
- Able to deliver high quality realistic character performance in animations
- A competent animator who leads by example.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to motivate and give constructive feedback to the animation team.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solver.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya or Motion Builder.
- Comfortable working within a studio developed engine and proprietary tools.
We would love if you had:
- Worked on story-driven third person action games.
- A good understanding of character-related processes including modeling, rigging and skinning.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your applications!