IO Interactive is looking for a Lead Sound Designer for our new AAA, unannounced title. Be part of our new exciting journey and give life to game vision by setting the audio direction and identity for this new, iconic title. You will be a key player between sound design and game vision and will marry the two into one immersive and realistic sound experience. We will count on you not only as a specialist sound designer, but also a creative thinker who sees opportunities within sound for achieving the best player experience.
As a Lead, apart from setting the audio direction, you will also get to mentor a team of sound designers, set out new standards for sound systems, and lead the team by example by being the go-to expert for sound design layout and implementation.
If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you! We’re looking for the very best talent from all over the world to join our studio and work on this project. Our offices in Copenhagen (Denmark) and Malmo (Sweden) will be joining forces to build a strong and experienced team with top talent.
What you will do:
- You will create and own the audio direction and sound implementation that aligns with the general game vision, established in collaboration with the game management team.
- Set benchmarks for sound design quality for the internal and external teams.
- Ensure that game audio playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Define workflows, structures and the organization of all audio related content.
- Mentor and coach a team of sound designers to deliver on the assignments at hand and within the established quality standard.
- Take part in the recruitment process and train new sound designers in the proper use of our tools.
- Work with programmers and designers to ensure outstanding audio reflecting the game vision.
- Use IOI’s proprietary tools setting up audio (Wwise, Glacier2).
- Create prototypes and sound intentions, proving audio set-ups and technical choices while identifying needs.
- Create sound effects and audio assets using pre-recorded material or synthesis, recording, foley recording etc.
- Mixing – you will be the owner of the final quality in sound design and implementation.
- Focus on technical development and implementation of sound, collaborate with audio programmers and spar on solution iteration.
Who you are:
- Accomplished sound designer with 5+ years of experience working in the AAA film or video game industry, having produced work for at least one published title, in a leading role.
- You have leadership acumen, able to manage an in-house team of sound designers, and guide them with qualified and constructive feedback.
- Excellent sound design skills both in regard to technical understanding and creative solutions.
- Experience working with one or more established game audio systems (F-Mod, WWise, Miles Sound System etc.).
- Professional recording experience – location and studio-based.
- Experience recording, integrating and mixing audio for game projects.
- You are both autonomous and collaborative, and can both set the direction for the team and also be a true team player.
- You are self-motivated and hold a very high standard for the sound direction and your team’s work.
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, and work solution-oriented.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a very good understanding of the industry’s competitive landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on youtube).
We would love if you had:
- Experience with linear sound or a sandbox storytelling game.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for IO Interactive games.
- Experience supervising orchestral recording.
- Experience supervising dialogue recording
- Degree in sound/audio design.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with 180 people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your applications!