IO Interactive is currently looking for an Online Programmer to join our Online team and help us continue building AAA games based on our state-of-the-art engine, Glacier.
Being on the Online team you will develop and customize game technology and game features, together with a brilliant team of engineers. You will work on both HITMAN, but also new, upcoming titles we’re currently working on.
The position is open in both our locations: Copenhagen and Malmö.
What you will do:
- Plan and develop the online game features for the titles currently in production, in line with the online overall vision for each project.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of online features.
- Align plans and solutions with your lead, other developers, and producers.
- Develop and maintain our online game technology and tools as well as game specific code, on server and on client side.
- Optimize code and data structures to deliver the best possible performance.
- Help programmers and designers get the most out of the game systems.
- Collaborate with programmers and content providers from own team as well as other teams to make optimal solutions.
Who you are:
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. That is why we hope you are just as excited to work with complex challenges and take ownership of your tasks. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you. Being ambitious yet humble is what helped our engine team excel so far.
Here are a few more things we need from you:
- +4 years experience with AAA game development, as an Online Programmer.
- One or more shipped online client/server products (games, web services, cloud solutions…).
- Strong knowledge of C#, but we would love it if you also had knowledge of C/C++ and code design.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, NAT and in-depth knowledge of networking models
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Excellent math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.).
- Familiarity with commonly used replication models.
- Experience implementing peer-to-peer systems.
- Ability to break down and estimate own tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A collaborative attitude.
Who we are:
Did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019? You will also get to work on Glacier, an engine that still makes even our most senior programmers get giddy about how cool it is. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek, and give you the creative and technical freedom we know is so important!
Who we are:
As a member of the Online team, you will have appreciation for your input, and you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on both Hitman, but also build the tech platform to develop our completely new, upcoming titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
IO Interactive is a team, above everything. We are highly international, with 28 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. 🙂
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your applications!