At IO Interactive we are currently looking for a full-time Senior Animator with a passion for games and the HITMAN franchise to join the project in Malmö
As an animator at IO Interactive you become an integral part of the team, collaborating with designers and programmers to make the overall creative vision come to life. This means that you are involved in all aspects of the game production; from initial design of character movement and technical constraints to close collaboration with other disciplines in planning and creating the final animation. You aspire to challenge the status quo and bring an energetic and creative mindset to the table.
As an animator at IO Interactive you create both with cinematics and in-game gameplay moments, which gives for a versatile and challenging day-to-day. You have an eye for detail and set the quality bar high – which comes into play when overseeing the potential outsourced animations to ensure alignment in style and quality with our benchmarks inhouse.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with the lead animator, designers and directors in creation of the overall artistic vision of the game
- Animating 3D characters, including working with motion capture data and hand key-framed animations
- Creating animations for in-game and cinematic moments
- Creating facial/lip sync animations
- Communicating with external partners to define animation deliverables
- Giving feedback on, tweaking, and polishing animations delivered by 3rd parties
- Taking part in motion capture sessions
- Delivering content on schedule and within technical limitations
- Working with programmers and designers to ensure animations properly fitting technical and game design requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively within technical setup of animations working with our proprietary engine Glacier 2
Who you are:
- Proven experience with the full production pipeline and lifecycle of a couple of AAA games
- Solid background and knowledge in 3D animation techniques and animation principles
- Understanding timing and appearance of human, animal movement and facial expressions
- Experience in Motion Builder and one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya, …)
- Understanding of rigging and skinning principles
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and meeting production deadlines
We would love it if you had:
- Experience with motion capture or working with motion capture data
- Experience with database driven animation systems
- Knowledge of art and animation fundamentals including staging, camera, layout, storytelling, and editing
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 24 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Malmö studio. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application and portfolio in English.