IO Interactive is currently seeking a talented Senior Character Artist to join the team of our new title!
As an integral part of the team, you will collaborate with directors, leads and other team members to achieve the creative vision of the project at the highest level of design.
You will be involved in the initial design of graphics and technical considerations of implementation, and your goal is to continuously set new levels for character graphics in our games, and push to the highest standard of the industry, together with your team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with key team members in the creation of in-game characters.
- Produce character art, assemble the characters inside the game and lay out the technical in-game setup for them.
- Come with initiative and be proactive in setting benchmarks for character graphics quality.
- Work with multiple disciplines to ensure outstanding character art properly fitting the game design requirements.
- Work closely with technical animators using a mix of third party and proprietary tools setting up character art for optimal execution and display in our in-house game engine.
- Add the final touch and polish to already existing graphics.
- Support your lead and producer in the overall planning of the character art production.
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations.
- Fix bugs and optimize game assets for required performance and to comply with specifications on various platforms.
Who you are:
- You are a character artist with experience of working on at least two AAA titles.
- You understand the technical limitations and requirements for in-game character art making.
- You have the ability to create impressive and realistic-looking game character art and work solution-oriented.
- Experienced in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya)
- Experienced in one or more 3D sculpting applications (ZBrush, Mudbox)
- Experience with texturing tools (Photoshop).
- Strong understanding of anatomy and color.
- An eagle eye for detail.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
We would love it if you had:
- Basic knowledge of rigging and skinning.
- Fine Art educational background.
- Experience with animation.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter.
- Experience with outsourcing workflows or cross-site experience.
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Malmö office. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you!