IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Senior Concept Artist to join an unannounced AAA game project.
We are looking for an artist who is comfortable rendering the “real” world. Who is interested in finding the drama, uniqueness and interesting juxtapositions in architecture, light fixtures, colors and lighting, among others. An artist who can create the visual drama of fantastical worlds, within the framework of reality.
If you are interested in visual storytelling, visual drama, lighting, timeless style and aesthetics, we should have a conversation.
As a part of the team, you will collaborate with the Art Director, leads and team members to achieve the creative vision of the project. Ongoing responsibilities include: producing concepts for locations, characters and other game assets as well as working on wrapping, marketing material, etc. You will be constantly striving for the highest possible standards of style and looks. Your goal is to set new standards for style and concepts in games gaining optimal resonance within the market.
What you will do:
- Work with the Art Director to achieve the creative vision and a consistent style in the game.
- Establish style by creating concept artwork, asset production designs, and graphics visually describing characters, locations, props etc.
- Create inspirational storyboards, sketches, layouts and color schemes.
- Work with direction creating concepts for menus, OSD, HUD and game wrapping.
- Create concepts and make marketing material to support the production.
- Work with environment artists on early 3D visualization prototypes.
- Assist and give feedback in the actual creation of game assets like models and shaders.
Who you are:
- Accomplished concept artist preferably with experience of working on at least one realistic AAA title.
- Excellent drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles.
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including form, composition, perspective, light and color theory.
- Understanding of surface texture, anatomy and architecture.
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
We would love if you had:
- Fine Art or Design Education background.
- Capability of creating artwork on various and diverse visual styles.
- Experience in one or more 3D sculpting applications (Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Sculptris …).
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your applications!