Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. Io-Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at Io-Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
IO Interactive is currently looking for an experienced network/multiplayer programmer to join our multiplayer team in Copenhagen.
You get to extend our state-of-the-art Glacier 2 technology with multiplayer capabilities.
What are the responsibilities?
- As an experienced multiplayer programmer, you will help mentor other members of the team, as well as contributing to designing and implementing the network/multiplayer software stack for the Glacier 2 engine and for the games that needs to support multiplayer
- Your team will be responsible for the development of the network layer
- You will work closely with the engine team to co-develop the object replication layer, collaborate with the AI/gameplay team to define and implement network aware features, workflows and setups and share responsibility with the online team to create, run and monitor our game-servers and backend infrastructure.
What is required?
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent title
- Recently shipped at least 1 AAA multiplayer game
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, major APIs and libraries.
- Strong knowledge of multiplayer related tech: firewall traversal, data compression and encryption, distributed algorithms, mesh topologies, objects replication, prediction models and latency compensation, anti-cheating.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Experienced in navigating and integrating new technologies into large existing codebases
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- A collaborative attitude
- Structured approach to planning, tasks estimation, breakdown and assignment
- A passion for video games
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Console experience (Xbox One and PS4)
- Experiences with creating custom tools with C#/.NET
- Cross-site working experience
- Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!