You are always the sound critic when you go to concerts, but, unlike others, you know what you’re talking about. Your friends don’t get it, but interactive sound is what you feed off of – you observe how things around you interact with sound, and the melody behind that.
You love video games. You know well those few, in-game moments, where ambiance and environment react in such perfect harmony, that hairs stand on end. That moment binds a feeling to the gameplay that you remember many years after. Your goal is to recreate that thrill through sound and share it with millions of players worldwide.
If you’ve been frantically nodding at this description since you started reading it, we would like to meet. You might be our new Sound Designer.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our lead sound designer and the rest of the team to set out the audio process that follows the game direction.
- Design sound effects and audio assets from pre-recorded material, or create them through synthesis and recording.
- You will then equally improve and implement them in our proprietary tools, with a close ear on the combined game experience.
- Get to be part of it all – from initial design and technical considerations of sound implementation, to collaboration with different teams involved in game development.
- Be a core part of delivering interactive audio and solutions, that match our tradition of outstanding, immersive game experiences.
Who you are:
- You are eager to get creative with your craft, sociable, fun to be around and enjoy both sharing your knowledge and learning from your team.
- You are so familiar with the ballgame of interactive sound design, that you move through logic scripting, audio assets and mixing with impressive dexterity.
- You are relentlessly improving sound, creating prototypes, implementing and have a knack for communicating your creative choices.
- You have +5 years’ experience designing sound, and have done so for at least one published game title (preferably AAA).
- You are highly versed in implementing sound by scripting in Frostbite, Unreal, Unity or any AAA game engine.
- You are a virtuoso of Wwise and/or FMOD.
- You have a Bachelor or Master in sound/audio design or similar work experience.
Who we are:
A family, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and creative impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. You will be the 4th of a high—caliber team of sound designers that live and breathe sound and state-of-the art game design, who are eager to have you on board!
The position is located in Copenhagen. Please include a portfolio with your application that showcases in-game examples of your sound design and implementation.
We welcome applicants from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you!