Is workflow optimization your bread and butter?
Are you the next crucial part of our prize-winning technology team? Then we are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our growing Malmö office! If you can’t help but think of ways to improve pipelines and tools and constantly look for how we can be more efficient with our tools for art and plugins in general then I promise you we have exciting tasks and a great team waiting for you!
Currently we’re working on multiple projects and you would be supporting the further development of our engine as a part of the team committed to improving the capacity of our tools and engine and through that make sure that our games reach new heights!
What you will do:
- Work with artists, tools and engine programmers to make tools for 3DSMax, Maya, Motion builder and Photoshop, Houdini, Substance and more
- Solve technical production issues, define workflows, streamline processes, and develop tools/frameworks for art, working in conjunction with art team and the programming team
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Mentor and train others in areas of expertise. Train Artists in the skills necessary to execute the art path efficiently
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance
- Coordinate with other studio groups to achieve project objectives
Who you are:
- Accomplished technical artist with experience of working on at least one AAA title
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- A relevant education as technical artist or equivalent
- Experienced in 3dsMax or Maya
- Quick learner; so you can learn new DCC tools fast
- Strong Python programming proficiency
- Understanding of the technical limitations and requirements of video games
We would love it if you had:
- Experience with C# or C++ is a plus, but not required
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube)
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with 170 people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
The position is open in our Malmö office. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration.
We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.