IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Technical Producer to join our cross-game Backbone Technology team. The Backbone team develops and maintains the entire technology used across all the awesome IO Interactive games, such as our Glacier 2 engine, editors, tooling and online, to name a few.
We are looking for a strong communicator, someone proactive and able to establish systems for planning, reporting, and controlling various aspects of production.
She/he will report to the Executive Producer and will be working in close collaboration with the Backbone, Game Management and Leads teams to achieve goals in time and quality.
The main purpose is to drive and facilitate communication and development, while acting as motivator for a team of talented programmers and engineers. Does this sound like you?
What you will do:
- Be the technical planning representative within game management – act as representative for the tech team within the game management group in coordination with Backbone’s management team.
- Constant aligning and tracking of the tech team’s goals in order to fully support the priorities and requirements of the project in coordination with the Backbone’s Executive Producer as well as the Technical Director.
- Long-term planning and maintenance of the technology backlog in coordination with Backbone’s Technical Director and the studio’s CTO.
- Short term planning and goal tracking within the team in alignment with the tech team Leads.
- Management, coordination, and validation of builds and branches in coordination with game timelines and milestones.
- Risk management.
- Performance tracking on all levels of production on the project.
- Participate in the interview process for the team.
- Participate in employees’ performance review process.
- Workflow improvements and production optimizations.
- Tracking TCR/TRC requirements and other external technical certification requirements.
- Aligning and managing requirements with external middleware providers.
Who you are:
- You have profound knowledge of project management methods and software packages.
- You have good understanding of general software development practices.
- Good knowledge and understanding of system integration and version control.
- Experience with software defect tracking methods.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong conflicts resolution skills.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Producer for a video game production or a comparable software production of similar complexity.
We’d love it if you had:
- One or more shipped AAA console videogames as a Technical Producer
- Experience with JIRA.
- Project management certifications such as Prince2, SCRUM, Kanban.
- University diploma (or equivalent) in engineering and/or management.
- Basic knowledge of C++ / C#.
- Passion for video games.
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. 🙂
Oh, and did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your applications!