Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. IO Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at IO Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Technical Producer to join one of our game teams. We are looking for a strong communicator who understands all areas of game production. As the Technical Producer you need to be very proactive and able to establish systems for planning, reporting, and controlling various aspects of production. You will be working in close collaboration with the Game Management team and the Leads to achieve goals in time and quality.
You will report to the project’s Executive Producer and will be responsible for supporting the tech programmers on the project in all their respective fields. The main purpose is to drive and facilitate communication and development.
As the Technical Producer you will provide inspiration and act as motivator for a team of talented programmers and engineers.
What are the responsibilities?
- Technical planning representative within game management – act as representative for the tech team within the game management group in coordination with the project’s Technical Director
- Constant aligning and tracking of the tech team’s goals in order to fully support the priorities and requirements of the project in coordination with the project’s Executive Producer as well as the project’s Technical Director
- Long term planning and maintenance of the game technology backlog in coordination with the project’s Technical Director and the studio’s CTO
- Short term planning and goal tracking within the tech team in alignment with the tech team Leads
- Management, coordination, and validation of builds and branches in coordination with the project’s Release Manager
- Risk management within the tech team
- Memory budget and performance tracking on all levels of production on the project
- Participate in the interview process for the tech team
- Participate in employees’ performance review process
- Workflow improvements and production optimizations
- Tracking TCR/TRC requirements and other external technical certification requirements
- Aligning and managing requirements with external middleware providers
What is required?
- Profound knowledge of project management methods and software packages
- Good understanding of general software development practices
- Good knowledge and understanding of system integration and version control
- Experience with software defect tracking methods
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- Strong conflicts resolution skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Producer or Lead Programmer in a AAA console videogame production or a comparable software production of similar complexity
It will be an advantage if you have:
- One or more shipped AAA console videogames as a Technical Producer or Lead Programmer
- Experience with JIRA
- Project management certifications such as Prince2, SCRUM, Kanban
- University diploma (or equivalent) in engineering and/or management
- Basic knowledge of C++ / C#
- Passion for video games
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!