With new, exciting ventures comes a need both creative but also the best technical people out there.
We are looking for a Technical Sound Designer to design the multiplayer setup for the shooter combat parts of our games, as well as be involved in the full cycle of AAA sound design. We want you to be a key part of building the sound experience of our new game ventures. Here is what it takes:
What you will do:
- Design systems and frameworks that will be used by level and sound designers to create assets.
- Implement sound in Wwise, integrate assets and perform visual scripting.
- Know how Wwise works and come with suggestions to improve its use and work closely with our Audio Programmer to design and implement the audio setup demanded by the game style.
- Together with your Lead and creative direction, help define the sound ethos of the new game.
- You will also get to create audio assets or improve existing ones.
- Get to be part of it all – from initial design and technical considerations of sound implementation, to collaboration with different teams involved in game development.
- Be a core part of delivering interactive audio and solutions, that match our tradition of outstanding, immersive game experiences.
Who you are:
- You shipped at least 1 AAA title as a sound designer involved in the full production cycle.
- You are a technical sound designer by choice, but when needed – you’re just as good at being a generalist.
- You have experience with Unreal blueprint and MAX/MSP, and a virtuoso of Wwise and/or FMOD.
- You are experienced in interactive sound design, and move through logic scripting, audio assets and mixing with impressive dexterity.
- You are relentlessly improving sound and know how to communicate your choices.
- You are skilled at scripting in Frostbite, Unreal, Unity or any AAA game engine. We use our own game engine – Glacier.
- You have a logical mind and preferably a background in technical sound design.
- You are eager to both share your knowledge and learn from your team.
We’d love it if you:
- Had experience working as a Technical Sound Designer from a multiplayer game.
- Knew some Python programming.
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and creative impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. You will be part of an award-winning team of sound designers that live and breathe sound and state-of-the art game design, who are eager to have you on board! 🙂
The position is located in Copenhagen, and we are willing to provide full relocation and VISA support for the right candidate. Please include a portfolio with your application that showcases in-game examples of your sound design and implementation.
We welcome applicants from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you!