IO Interactive is currently looking for a programmer to join our Tools and Engine team in Copenhagen or Malmö to help us continue building AAA games based on our state-of-the-art engine, Glacier 2.
Being on a game team you will develop and customize game technology and game features, delivered in superior quality.
What you will do:
- As a member of the Tools and Engine team you will get responsibility for a part of our toolset and pipelines.
- Glacier 2 includes a WYSIWIG editor that allows content creators to setup the game efficiently. As part of the team you will design and implement (mainly C#, but also C++) improvements to this editor and the associated tools.
Who you are:
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. That is why we hope you are just as excited to work with complex challenges and take ownership of your tasks. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you. Being ambitious yet humble is what helped our engine team excel so far.
Here are a few more things we need from you:
- Strong knowledge of C#, but also knowledge of C/C++ and code design.
- Ability to break down, estimate own tasks and participate in assessing other tasks as well.
- Good collaboration skills and the ability to figure out what users “really” want.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
Who we are:
Did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019? You will also get to work on Glacier, an engine that still makes even our most senior programmers get giddy about how cool it is. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek, and give you the creative and technical freedom we know is so important!
Who we are:
As a member of the Engine and Tools team, you will have appreciation for your input, and you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on both Hitman, but also build the tech platform to develop our completely new, future titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
IO Interactive is a team, above everything. We are highly international, with around 140 people and 27 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your applications!