Who are we?
It’s pretty simple, really. IO Interactive is here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at IO Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
What is the job?
Are you up for a great challenge? Our team of experienced programmers and designers is looking for a talented UI Programmer. This is your chance to work with the best in the industry.
You will participate in the development of AAA games in the Hitman franchise, based on our in-house developed state-of-the-art Glacier 2 technology. You will be responsible for the development of our UI system and related tools. This includes the runtime system, ensuring optimal performance, HUD and server hosted in-game menu pages.
What are the responsibilities?
- Development, maintenance and integration of core UI tech with the engine
- Development of game UI, menu, HUD and underlying systems.
- Integration to server backend
- Optimizations for best possible performance
What is required?
- Solid demonstrable experience from working on UI systems, HUD and Menu on at least one title on current-gen consoles
- A strong passion for UI and user experience
- Excellent C++ and code design skills
- Experience with multi-threading and synchronization primitives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Works well in teams as well as independently
- A passion for video games
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or self-taught to similar level
- Experience with Scaleform or similar technology
- Experience with Action Script
- Experiences with C#/.NET
- General knowledge of current UI frameworks (eg. UIKit, WPF, Vue, Angular, React, …)
- A passion for video games
You made it this far. Clearly you’re ready to know even more. So get in touch now. We need you!