We want our collection of information to be simple, understandable and secure. Therefore, we have broadened the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and applied the new standards for the handling of European citizens’ personal information to you no matter where you are situated in the world.
1. WHEN YOU ACCESS OUR WEBSITES
– To track and report website activity, we use a Google Analytics cookie with a retention period of 26 months.
– To serve ads that are relevant to your interests, we use advertising cookies that are used when you share information using social media sharing buttons or “like” buttons on our sites or apps, or when you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or the like. These cookies have a retention period of 180 days.
– To serve ads that are relevant to your interests, we use advertising cookies to allow for a third party advertising company to deliver targeted advertising, furthermore, these companies may be able to track your browsing across sites, apps and social media sites.
– To track and report website activity, we allow Warner Bros Home Entertainment Inc. to use a Google Analytics cookie with a retention period of 26 months.
– To serve ads that are relevant to your interests, we allow Warner Bros Home Entertainment Inc. to use advertising cookies that are used when you share information using social media sharing buttons or “like” buttons on our sites or apps, or when you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or the like. These cookies have a retention period of 180 days.
– To serve ads that are relevant to your interests, we allow Warner Bros Home Entertainment Inc. to use advertising cookies to allow for a third party advertising company to deliver targeted advertising, furthermore, these companies may be able to track your browsing across sites, apps and social media sites.
Our legal bases for the processing of this information is GDPR Art. 6 (1) (b).
2. WHEN YOU CREATE AN IOI ACCOUNT
When we come up with new ideas or develop new products, we want you to be the first to hear about them, therefore, we want to give you the option to create an IOI Account for us to have a direct form of communication. Please visit https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-account for more information on IOI Account.
For the purposes of being able to tailor our communication to you and delivering targeted advertising relevant to you, we are requesting information such as your e-mail address, real name, date of birth, gender, country and your marketing mailing preferences. If you provide us with consent to provide you with marketing material, you accept that we communicate directly with you by sharing your e-mail address with our service providers to enable us to send you mails. Additionally, if you create an IOI Account, you accept that we may share your e-mail address with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in order to serve targeted ads that are relevant to your interests.
Additionally, we want to offer you a hub for tracking your ownership of our games, therefore, we are offering you the possibility to connect your Steam account, PlayStation Network account or your Xbox Live account with your IOI Account, which will give us access to the account identifiers and your registered products.
Our legal bases for the processing of this information is GDPR Art. 6 (1) (a) and (f).
3. STORAGE AND TRANSFERRING OF YOUR INFORMATION
The protection and integrity of your information is important for us. Therefore, we have safeguarded it by storing it within highly encrypted data centres in the European Union hosted by Microsoft Azure.
Unless otherwise specified in this policy, we will not transfer your information, and we will not share it with any third party. We will, however, create completely anonymized aggregated data based on your information and share it with our partners for marketing and usage statistic purposes.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
With some specific limitations or conditions, you have the following rights:
You have the right to access your information, and you may request us to delete it (GDPR Art. 15 and 17). If you wish to have your IOI Account deleted, please visit https://account.ioi.dk. Please see section 5 for more details on deletion.
You have the right to request correction of your information (GDPR Art. 16).
You have the right to object to the processing of your information and have the processing of your information restricted (GDPR Art. 18).
You have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible (GDPR Art. 20).
Unless otherwise stated in the above, you can take steps to exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
5. INFORMATION RETENTION AND ACCOUNT DELETION
Unless otherwise specified in this policy, we store your information until it is no longer necessary or until you request to have your information deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-base determination that depends on things like the nature of the information, why it is collected, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When we delete your information, we delete everything associated with you. We will not be able to recover that information later.
6. INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, please contact us by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove it.
7. HOW WE NOTIFY YOU OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time, so please review it frequently. We will notify you before we make any material changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before the changes take effect.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have any questions or comments to this policy, you are welcome to direct them to email@example.com or by mailing IO Interactive A/S, Gammel Moent 2-4, 1117 Copenhagen, Denmark, Att.: General Counsel, Alexander Patrick Strandlod. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Danish Data Protection Agency.
Last updated: December 2018