Io-Interactive is currently looking for a full-time art director to join an unannounced AAA game project.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent from around the world and offer relocation packages in order to secure the right candidate for this role.
You will be collaborating with the game director and the studio creative director executing the overall strategy for the project. Your focus will be how to best achieve the creative vision of the project.
Ongoing responsibilities include: producing and directing concepts for characters, locations and other game assets as well as working on game wrapping, marketing material, etc. You will be constantly striving for the highest possible standards of style and looks while keeping consistency.
Your goal is to set new standards for style and concepts in games gaining optimal resonance within the market.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating a clear artistic style that supports and communicates the creative vision and storyline of the game concept
- Responsible for art direction on the project, ensuring that all the key art features are in alignment with the vision
- Responsible for the development and design of key artwork
- Giving feedback, direction, guidance, inspiration and supporting the individual team members though all phases of production
- Execute timely internal reviews on color schemes, lighting, mood, etc. of game assets in the production
- Give feedback and guidance to external partners on art content and reviews work to ensure it is appropriate for the project
- Be responsible for the final approval of artistic quality of game assets
- Help preparing and executing investor and green light presentations, alone or together with the project teams
- Provide creative support to brand marketing team to align marketing, maintaining brand consistency and creating brand campaigns and live shops for products and brand universes
- Accomplished art director preferably with experience of working on at least one AAA title
- Deep understanding of game development and working with creative talent
- Excellent digital illustration and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles as well as create new and diverse ones
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including form, composition, perspective, light, color theory, surface texture, anatomy, and architecture
- Proficient in creating pitches, shows, and enticing presentation material
- Excellent presentation skills and willingness to work with media and give interviews, represent the games, brands and studio
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- A passion for video games is mandatory
- Fine art or design education background
- Experience with brand direction and marketing
- Experience in one or more 3D sculpting applications (Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Sculptris ...)
- Willingness to travel
If the above description fits your profile, please submit your application and résumé in English using our online form marking it "Art Director".
About Io-Interactive A/S
Io-Interactive is Denmark’s leading game development studio and home to a global, multicultural talent pool of people from all over the world. We define ourselves by our reasons to be: “Own and direct the Hitman experience to bring it to the broadest audience on the highest number of channels”, “Evolve Hitman into an industry leading, platform agnostic, ‘digital first’ franchise”, “Create, maintain, and expand the Hitman universe” and our core values: “We make and sell great games. Everything else we do has only one purpose: to help us make and sell great games.”, “We stick together, come what may. IOI team members always help each other.”, “We are a “band of brothers and sisters”, not a factory. Specialists working together in efficient teams.”
Io-Interactive is part of Eidos Interactive. Eidos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.