Senior Multiplayer Programmer
Io-Interactive is currently looking for an experienced full-time multiplayer programmer to join the Glacier 2 in-house technology team. The multiplayer technology lays the foundation for a yet unannounced 3rd person game with strong cooperative multiplayer elements. You will be expected to develop technology in close corporation with the game team, while keeping in mind that the solutions should be usable for future projects.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of multiplayer and networking technology in Glacier 2
- Identify problems with existing multiplayer unaware technology and propose solutions to such
- Advise the game teams on how to best solve multiplayer problems
- Advise the Glacier 2 management team on how to best prioritize new changes
- Stay informed on research and developments within multiplayer and networking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- One or more shipped multiplayer games
- Intimate understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, NAT and in depth knowledge of known networking models
- Familiarity with commonly used replication models
- Experience implementing peer-to-peer systems
- A passion for creating high quality code
- A passion for video games is mandatory
- Knowledge of third party network libraries
- Experience developing networking protocols
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, Wii)
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience with Test Driven Development
If the above description fits your profile, please submit your application in English including portfolio using our online form
Io-Interactive is the creative force behind some of the most talked-about PC and multiplatform videogames to emerge in the last decade. Starting with the praised and ground-breaking Hitman series, Io-Interactive has since developed the cult classic Freedom Fighters, the innovative brand Mini Ninjas and the controversial Kane & Lynch series.
Io-Interactive’s most recent release and worldwide smash Hitman: Absolution incorporates the all-new proprietary Glacier 2 engine. The Glacier 2 technology has set a new benchmark in the realization of creative vision and delivering world-class entertainment.em>
Io-Interactive has always proven that dedication to original IPs and unique brands are the hallmarks of the company, while understanding that breaking new ground is integral to growth and customer satisfaction.
Io-Interactive is a part of Eidos Interactive. Eidos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.